Waste Disposal Locations
In an effort to provide a comprehensive and cost-effective program of solid waste management, Hoke County makes available to its residents several options. The first is a Transfer Station located at 700 C.C. Steele Road This facility is the final collection point for all waste generated within the county and where that waste is prepared for transfer to the disposal site. The Transfer Station is also where any waste stream not covered by the availability fee must be delivered and assessed the appropriate charge for disposal.
- Aluminum Cans
- Automobile Tires
- Car Batteries
- Plastic Bottles
- Scrap Metal
- White Goods (Refrigerators, Washers, Dryers, AC Units, Water Heaters, Etc.)
- Used Cooking Oil
Current Tipping Fees
- $50.75 per ton for all municipal solid waste
- $50.75 per ton for construction / demolition debris
- $19.00 per ton for all yard waste
- $19.00 per ton for inert debris (rocks, bricks, concrete, etc)
Transfer Station Hours
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
(Saturday yard debris and recyclables only)
- Closed for all county holidays
For those habitable households that are assessed the annual availability fee we provide five convenience sites that are located in strategic areas throughout the county.
Residential pick up is available through permitted private haulers listed:
- AOK Sanitations
- Mid Atlantic Disposal, Inc.
- Rob's Trash
- Northwest Sanitations