Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICTIONS
PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING SERVICES
COUNTY OF HOKE
PUBLIC UTILITIES – Bulk Water Interconnection
The County of Hoke is seeking a Statement of Qualifications from professional engineering firms to perform engineering services including but not limited to planning, surveying, design, permitting, bid management, construction management, construction inspection, and easement mapping associated with the above project.
The project consists of water line extensions and booster pump station construction to allow Hoke County to purchase bulk water from another public water system.
All activities must be performed in accordance with the applicable federal and state regulations.
The Statement of Qualifications should include discussion on any relevant experience and knowledge with similar projects inside Hoke County. The State of Qualifications should also include descriptions of similar projects successfully completed for other local governments with contact information. These project descriptions should demonstrate the firm's capabilities and experience with the above scope of engineering services, local government entities, and all required project approvals from state and federal agencies..
The Statement of Qualifications should include individual qualifications and resumes for the Project Team to be utilized, as well as a list of work experience and availability of the project team. The Statement of Qualifications should include the hourly rates for the Project Team and other staff members of the firm.
All qualifications will be evaluated in terms of project team qualifications, experience with Hoke County utilities, experience with similar projects, proximity to the project, and familiarity of the project area. Past performance on other projects may also be assessed in terms of timeliness, completion within budget, and other factors.
Additional Instructions, Notifications, and Information:
• No Gratuities – Respondents shall not offer any gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value to any official or employee of the County for the purpose of influencing this selection. Any attempt by a Respondent to influence the selection process by any means, other than disclosure of qualifications and credentials through the proper channels, will be grounds for exclusion from the selection process.
• All Information True – By submitting a response, Respondents represent and warrant to the County that all information provided in the response submitted shall be true, correct and complete. Respondents who provide false, misleading or incomplete information, whether intentional or not, in any of the documents presented to the County of Hoke for consideration in the selection process may be excluded.
• Interviews – After the initial evaluation of the statements of qualifications, Respondents will be notified of their status in the selection process. If interviews are initiated, they will most likely focus not only on the Respondent’s program approach but also on an appraisal of the team members who would be directly involved in the project.
• Inquiries – Do not contact the County Manager or Board of Commissioners to make inquiries about the progress of the selection process. Respondents will be contacted when it is appropriate to do so. Process inquiries may be directed to Gwen McGougan, County Clerk.
• Cost of Responses – The County will not be responsible for the costs incurred by anyone in the submittal of responses.
• Equal Opportunity - The County of Hoke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace and encourages proposals from minority-owned firms. No Obligation – The County reserves the right to: (1) evaluate the responses submitted; (2) waive any irregularities therein; (3) select candidates for the submittal of more detailed or alternate proposals; (4) accept any submittal or portion of submittal; (5) reject any or all Respondents submitting responses, should it be deemed in the County’s best interest; or (6) cancel the entire process.
• Insurances – The Firm shall provide a statement of the current insurances the firm carries to include, but not be limited to, worker’s compensation, commercial general liability, automobile liability and professional liability. Appropriate insurances shall be written by an insurer authorized to transact insurance in the State of North Carolina.
The County of Hoke will evaluate the Statement of Qualifications for professional engineering services and will select an engineering firm using the criteria listed above. Upon selection of the engineering firm, the County will negotiate a contract for the Scope of Services required for each project.
Engineering firms interested in submitting a response to this Request for Qualifications for engineering services should submit proposals to the County of Hoke, Attention: Ms. Letitia J. Edens, Hoke County Administration, P.O. Box 210, or 227 N. Main Street, Raeford, NC 28376 on or before 5:00 pm of September 30, 2021 for consideration. Responses must be limited to 10 pages, not including the cover page and table of contents.
The County of Hoke reserves the right to accept or reject any, and all proposals. Hoke County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workpla